Terms And Conditions
- 1. Introduction
- 2. My Cloud Class Rights & Responsibilities
- 3. User Responsibilities
- 4. Student Responsibilities
- 5. Teacher Status and Responsibilities
- 6. Payment
- 7. Cancellations
- 8. Child Protection
- 9. Changes to these terms and conditions
- 1.1 My Cloud Class helps Students/Parents to find Teachers, allows Teachers to advertise their services, and for Students/Parents to book and pay for Lessons.
- 1.2 My Cloud Class is a sole proprietorship (Registration Number #311132856)
- 1.3 A User may register on the Website as a Student/Parent or as a Teacher.
- 1.4 By registering on or using our Website, the User agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. If a User does not wish to be bound by these terms, they should not use the Website.
2. My Cloud Class Rights & Responsibilities
This section sets out what My Cloud Class strives to do:
- 2.1 To help Teachers and Students/Parents to connect by allowing Teachers to advertise their teaching services on the Website, and Students/Parents to book and pay for their Lessons.
- 2.2 To maintain a functioning Website, including communication systems, a booking platform and Online Classroom, wherever possible. My Cloud Class cannot guarantee that the Website will always be fully available, or that there will never be glitches, but we will ensure any issues are fixed as quickly as possible.
- 2.3 To communicate to all users any planned maintenance or downtime of www.mycloudclass.ca.
- 2.4 To use our best discretion when checking the identity and qualifications of all Teachers.
- 2.5 To communicate new Lesson Bookings to both Students/Parents and Teachers via the Website and by email.
- 2.6 To ensure Complaints are considered promptly and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 2.7 To take precautions My Cloud Class considers appropriate to protect Students/Parents’ and Teachers' information.
3. User Responsibilities
User Responsibilities – this applies to both Students/Parents and Teachers, and anyone else who uses the Website
- 3.1 Users are responsible for their own security in conjunction with the services through the Website.
- 3.2 Users are solely responsible for the material they post on the Website, including messages sent, and they must not post defamatory, offensive or illegal material.
- 3.3 Users must immediately report to My Cloud Class any inappropriate, offensive or illegal material they view on the Website.
- 3.4 Users must not use the Website with the intention of engaging directly with other Users outside of the My Cloud Class platform. Users must not promote opportunities or services of any company other than My Cloud Class on the Website.
- 3.6 Any User who fails, in My Cloud Class’ opinion, to comply with these terms and conditions may be immediately blocked from using the Website and any related services.
4. Student Responsibilities
- 4.1 My Cloud Class is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Students/Parents or Teachers and is solely responsible for its own acts or omissions.
- 4.2 Students must be at least 18 years old to book a Tutor for themselves. Students under the age of 18 must be represented by a parent or legal guardian.
- 4.3 Students/Parents must ensure that all of their personal details and contact information are accurate and up-to-date.
- 4.4 When a Booking is confirmed, the Student/Parent enters into a direct contract with the Teacher for the provision of Lessons and My Cloud Class accepts no liability in relation to the Teacher’s delivery of lessons.
- 4.5 Students are responsible for ensuring that they have the correct equipment to be able to access the My Cloud Class Online Classroom prior to a lesson.
- 4.6 Any Student/Parent who fails, in My Cloud Class’ reasonable opinion, to comply with these terms and conditions may be immediately blocked from using the Website and any related services.
- 4.7 Simply by agreeing to these terms and conditions, a Student is not required to sign up with any Teacher or make any Bookings.
- 4.8 Subject to paying for any Bookings used, a Student/Parent may cease to use the My Cloud Class service at any time.
5. Teacher Status and Responsibilities
- 5.1 Teachers are not employees of My Cloud Class and are solely responsible for their own actions both on and off the Website.
- 5.2 Teachers must be at least 18 years old.
- 5.3 Teachers must be legally entitled (possessing the relevant immigration status where relevant) to work in Canada on a self-employed basis.
- 5.4 If Teachers contact Students who are under 18, they must ensure that these Students are represented by a parent or legal guardian who gives consent for the Student to receive a lesson.
- 5.5 Teachers are responsible for ensuring that the personal information they provide and their personal statements on the Website are accurate and in no way misleading. They must update this information promptly to maintain its accuracy.
- 5.6 Teachers are responsible for setting their own Lesson Fee. Teachers will receive 75% of this amount and My Cloud Class will receive a 25% platform fee.
- 5.7 Teachers should make Bookings for Lessons and respond to messages received from My Cloud Class and Users promptly.
- 5.8 Teachers must not complete or intend to complete coursework, or any assignments, on behalf of Students.
- 5.9 Teachers must ensure that all written communication with Students takes place via the Website.
- 5.10 Tutors shall indemnify My Cloud Class for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Teacher of the Website, including any costs and expenses incurred.
- 5.11 Teachers are responsible for ensuring that they have the correct equipment to be able to access the Online Classroom prior to an Online Lesson.
- 6.1 The Lesson Fee payable by a Student/Parent for a Lesson will be displayed on the Website at the time of confirming a Booking.
- 6.2 A Lesson Fee is the combination of the Teacher Fee, which will be collected by Stripe on behalf of My Cloud Class, and My Cloud Class’ Platform Fee. All fees include any applicable tax.
- 6.3 ("T") A Teacher’s fee for a Lesson will represent 75% of the Lesson Fee due for that Lesson (the “Teacher Fee”).
- 6.4 The Student/Parent authorises My Cloud Class to instruct Stripe to charge their credit/debit card upon booking their lesson.
- 6.5 For Lessons, Students will be charged the full Lesson Fee once the lesson has begun.
- 6.6 Payment processing services on My Cloud Class’ Website are provided by Stripe Payments, and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement By agreeing to these terms and conditions or continuing to operate as a Teacher on My Cloud Class's Website, the Teacher agrees to be bound by the Stripe Terms, as the same may be modified or amended by Stripe from time to time; and Teacher agrees to provide My Cloud Class with accurate and complete information about themselves and, where relevant, their business, and each Teacher authorises My Cloud Class to share with Stripe such information and transaction information related to Teacher’s use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
- 7.1 A Student may cancel a Booking more than 12 hours before the scheduled start time of a lesson with no charge. If a lesson is cancelled within 12 hours of the start time 50% of the fee will be charged.
- 7.2 Teachers may cancel a Booking at any time prior to a Lesson taking place. To do so, Teachers must inform the Student directly via the Website and cancel the Booking on the Website.
- 7.3 Bookings cannot be cancelled after the Lesson has started.
8. Child Protection
- 8.1 My Cloud Class seeks to provide the best service possible and provide a safe experience in which children can learn.
- 8.2 If any User has a concern regarding child protection, they should contact My Cloud Class immediately.
9. Changes to these terms and conditions
- 9.1 My Cloud Class may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on the Website at least 14 days before they become effective. Please check the Website from time to time. Users will be bound by the revised terms and conditions if they continue to use the Website or the services following the effective date shown.